Writing for Comics & Graphic Novels
Writing for Comics is the first “how to write comics” book that I read as I began my adventure into the world of comic book writing. I recommend it for both those who are just starting out or for seasoned writers who are looking for an enjoyable book to read (Although, honestly, a very experienced writer will certainly get less out of it than a newbie).
Why should you add Writing for Comics & Graphic Novels to your bookshelf?
- advice direct from an expert (Peter David’s been in the biz for quite a while, and he’s written some big-name comics. Hulk, for example)
- easy to read format
- writing exercises included
- shows scripts and the resulting comic
- explanation of basic writing techniques (characterization, plot, etc.)
- introduction to comic book-specific writing techniques (scripting, villains, continuity)
- information about getting published